As the Third Sector Interface (TSI) for Aberdeenshire, AVA will work with stakeholders to improve the collective representation and influence of the third sector on public policy in Aberdeenshire, developing and maintaining good relationships, strengthening partnership working, and supporting and building local third sector capacity and infrastructure development.
Membership of Aberdeenshire Voluntary Action (AVA) entitles you to a range of benefits:
- Access to quality low-cost training (automatically added to our training mailing list)
- Access to competitive rates for office services including independent examination of accounts, assistance to access PVG Scheme membership and payroll services
- Regular newsletters and ebulletins (automatically added to our mailing list)
- Funding updates and assistance with funding searches and application reviews
- Group health checks, development and social enterprise support
- Access to consultation opportunities and community planning networks
- Networking, collaborative and partnership opportunities to share ideas and skills
- Access to Members area of the AVA website
- Support and advice to Management Committees
- Invitation to AVA Annual General Meeting including full members' voting rights, option for election of the Board and a copy of the Annual Report.
Terms & Conditions of Membership:
- You must subscribe to the aims and core values of Aberdeenshire Voluntary Action
- You must demonstrate community purpose and organisations must be non-profit distributing
- Organisations undertaking and/or affiliated to party political activity are not eligible for membership
- Any organisation based in Scotland may become a member, however, membership services are only open to organisations with an operational base in Aberdeenshire.
All membership applications are considered by the AVA Board of Directors. The membership is FREE and runs from 1st April 2016 to 31st March 2017. By applying for AVA membership, you agree that you understand that in the event of Aberdeenshire Voluntary Action being dissolved, and its assets being otherwise insufficient to meet its liabilities, that you may be liable to contribute and amount not exceeding £1 towards the company's assets.
You can either fill in the form below and submit it at the bottom of the page - or download it here and return it by post to:
Jacquie Milne, Aberdeenshire Voluntary Action, 17 South Street, Mintlaw AB42 5EL. If you have any queries about AVA membership, contact Jacquie Milne at: Jacquie.Milne@avashire.org.uk.