Community Health in Partnership (CHiP)
What is Health & Social Care?
“Integration of health and social care is one of Scotland's major programmes of reform. At its heart, health and social care integration is about ensuring that those who use services get the right care and support whatever their needs, at any point in their care journey.” (Scottish Government)
Watch this short film to find out more about plans for Health & Social Care Services in Aberdeenshire:
AVA has a team of 6 Community Health in Partnership (CHiP) officers, co-ordinated by Alison Knight.
The key objectives of the CHiP project are to:
• Support the third sector in its widest sense to become more involved and influential in the design and delivery of health and social care services by developing knowledge and awareness of health and wellbeing policies and decision making systems.
• Establish a network of community health champions to encourage and support wider engagement and participation.
• Assist community groups to establish and ‘grow’ projects in response to locally and nationally identified health and social care needs.
• Support interagency partnerships to work effectively with the third sector, respecting, valuing and responding to their views. To read the minutes of meetings held by the Health and Social Care Integrated Joint Board (IJB) visit the Aberdeenshire Council page here.
• Establish a dynamic local vehicle for facilitating the direct exchange of information and views between the third sector and local integrated health and social care teams.
The CHiP team look forward to supporting and enhancing collaborative working in Aberdeenshire and encourage you to get in touch if would like further information or have any ideas that you’d like to discuss with the team. Contact: Alison Knight, Community Health in Partnership Co-ordinator at: email@example.com. Tel: 01467 629072 / 07585 138854.
You can follow the CHiP team on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AVACHiP
And on Twitter at: @AVA_CHiP
If you want to find out more about AVA's role in the Health & Social Care Partnership in Aberdeenshire, and the Community Health in Partnership team, contact Alison Knight at Alison.Knight@avashire.org.uk or call: 01467 629072.
The Age Scotland Community Grants Programme Tackling Loneliness and Isolation 2016/17 is
now open for applications. There is also funding available for the development of Mens Sheds. For more information, visit the Age Scotland website here.
Aberdeenshire Health & Social Care Partnership’s Locality Planning Groups
Aberdeenshire Health & Social Care Partnership’s Location Managers are all now in post and Locality Planning Workshops have now taken place in all 6 areas of Aberdeenshire. Members of the CHiP team attended all 6 workshops together with other people previously involved in Local Reference Groups. The outputs from these workshops can be viewed here:
- Banff & Buchan
- Kincardine & Mearns
- View the powerpoint presentation that was viewed at each event
An AHSCP Strategic Planning sub-group will make some recommendations on how Locality Planning Groups will function based on the information gathered.
CHiP Officers will be part of the emerging Locality Planning Groups and we are currently working on developing a method of gathering views from third sector/community groups to feed into this process and disseminating information.