To be or not to be...becoming a charity
Time10am - 12pm Venue: Inverurie
Cost: Members - £15, Non-members - £30
Trainer: AVA Development Officer
By the end of the session you will:
- Understand both the benefits and obligations of becoming a SCIO (Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation)
- Understand the different voluntary/charitable models available to you including; Unincorporated Voluntary Group, Trusts, Community Interest Company
- Understand the role of the regulatory body OSCR (Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator)
- Be confident about choosing the correct model for your organisation
- SCIO – background and obligations
- Differing options for voluntary and charitable models (including advantages and disadvantages)
- Case Studies to clarify choices
- The role of OSCR
- AVA role of Development Officer
The following shall apply to all bookings made:
- Full bookings cancelled more than two weeks prior to the event will not incur a charge.
- Any bookings cancelled less than two weeks before the event will be charged in full.
- If you have booked a course and do not attend on the day for any reason, your organisation will be invoiced for the full cost of the training session.
- To apply for AVA membership, visit our membership page.