Supervision Skills – Achieving Effective Supervision
9.30am to 4.30pm, Hill of Banchory School, Banchory
Cost: Members - £75, Non-members - £95
Trainer: Myra Stewart, Learning & Development Consultancy
- To provide an overview of the appraisal and supervision process in a social care context
- To explore the methods of supervision and the impact on staff development and outcome focussed care
- To consider approaches to supervision
- To outline the organisation policy and procedure
- Definition of supervision
- Context and benefits of supervision
- Agency supervision policy
- Forms of supervision
- Supervision models
- Appraisal and supervision cycle
- Setting SMART objectives
- Learning styles
- Interpersonal skills for supervision
- Supervision contracts
- Structure/agenda for individual supervision
- Giving and receiving constructive feedback
- SSSC Step into Leadership and CLF information
This course is aimed at First Line Managers/Supervisors/Team Leaders. Attendees are encouraged and supported to complete CPD (PRTL for SSSC registered staff) to show learning and implementation.
The following shall apply to all bookings made:
- Full bookings cancelled more than two weeks prior to the event will not incur a charge.
- Any bookings cancelled less than two weeks before the event will be charged in full.
- If you have booked a course and do not attend on the day for any reason, your organisation will be invoiced for the full cost of the training session.
- To apply for AVA membership, visit our membership page.