Making Management Matter
10am to 12pm, Venue tbc
Cost: Members - £15, Non-members - £30
Trainer: Lorna Sandison, AVA Development Officer & Keith Anderson, AVA Head of Development
This course is aimed at existing and potential committee or board
members/trustees associated with charities, community groups and
voluntary organisations. With an overall aim of improving skills,
knowledge and understanding so that individual committee or board members can contribute effectively and efficiently and work together to support the achievement of outcomes and outputs.
Key Learning Outcomes:
- Understanding the purpose and function of a committee or board
- Individual roles necessary for success and meeting statutory requirements
- How meetings work
- Legal obligations
- Good practice
This course is facilitated by a tutor who will lead interactive discussion and learning activities.
The following shall apply to all bookings made:
- Full bookings cancelled more than two weeks prior to the event will not incur a charge.
- Any bookings cancelled less than two weeks before the event will be charged in full.
- If you have booked a course and do not attend on the day for any reason, your organisation will be invoiced for the full cost of the training session.
- To apply for AVA membership, visit our membership page.