Mental Health Awareness
9.30am to 12.30pm, Ellon
Cost: Members - £65, Non-members - £85
Trainer: Bill Murdoch
This course is aimed at sufferers, family members and carers, staff in any organisation who deal regularly with people who are experiencing or have recovered from mental health problems. Employers and Managers who support staff who are experiencing mental health problems.
The aim of the course is to provide participants with an overview of
the most common mental health problems. The workshop includes a number of small group exercises and includes video clips. Participants will gain greater understanding of the impact on sufferers and those around them.
By the end of the course, participants will have covered:
- Mental Health in Scotland an overview
- Defining Mental Health
The major mental health problems and other issues/questions raised by participants:
- Bi-Polar Disorder
The following shall apply to all bookings made:
- Full bookings cancelled more than two weeks prior to the event will not incur a charge.
- Any bookings cancelled less than two weeks before the event will be charged in full.
- If you have booked a course and do not attend on the day for any reason, your organisation will be invoiced for the full cost of the training session.
- To apply for AVA membership, visit our membership page.