10am to 12pm, Inverurie
Trainer: Dementia Friendly Aberdeenshire Team
- What is Dementia?
- Recognising Dementia
- What is a Dementia Friendly Community?
- How can you help?
Participants will gain:
- A basic understanding of what dementia is, and what it isn’t.
- A basic understanding of the signs and symptoms of the most common types of dementia.
- An understanding of what is meant by the term ‘Dementia Friendly Community’, particularly understanding what this might mean in communities that participants are part of.
- An understanding of what steps participants can take to make their communities more dementia friendly: from simple, small changes to attitude and behaviour to wider commitments to mobilise communities.
The following shall apply to all bookings made:
- Full bookings cancelled more than two weeks prior to the event will not incur a charge.
- Any bookings cancelled less than two weeks before the event will be charged in full.
- If you have booked a course and do not attend on the day for any reason, your organisation will be invoiced for the full cost of the training session.
- To apply for AVA membership, visit our membership page.