General First Aid
9.30am – 4pm, Stonehaven
Cost: Member - £65, Non-member - £95
Trainer: Caroline Hay-Crawford
To provide participants with basic First Aid knowledge, skills and confidence to be able to assist someone who has become ill or injured and to seek help.
- Dealing with an accident scene and calling for assistance
- Initial assessment and prioritisation of casualties
- Care of an unconscious casualty
- Airway problems: asthma, choking etc
- Circulatory problems: bleeding, shock, heart attack, angina etc
- Other major conditions, such as, stroke, burns, strains and sprains, broken bones, epilepsy, diabetes, anaphylaxis and others requested by participants
This course is aimed at anyone who wants to learn how to help someone who needs basic First Aid. Participants will be given a certificate of attendance which is valid for 3 years.
The course is not suitable for those requiring an Emergency First Aid at Work certificate.
Please bring: notepad and pen. Please also wear comfortable clothing and bring a mat to kneel on, as you will be participating in practical exercises in resuscitation. Refreshments and a light lunch will be provided.
The following shall apply to all bookings made:
- Full bookings cancelled more than two weeks prior to the event will not incur a charge.
- Any bookings cancelled less than two weeks before the event will be charged in full.
- If you have booked a course and do not attend on the day for any reason, your organisation will be invoiced for the full cost of the training session.
- To apply for AVA membership, visit our membership page.